***SNOW DAY - SCHOOL CLOSED - WEDNESDAY, NOV.30/22***
Due to hazardous road conditions, Campbell River Christian School will be CLOSED on Wed., Nov.30/22. Stay safe and warm at home!
****URGENT: BUS STUDENTS WILL BE DISMISSED AT 1PM, NOV.29/22, DUE TO SNOW STORM.***
Only Bus students whose families have confirmed that someone will be able to receive the student at this earlier time will be dismissed early at 1pm.
The school will remain OPEN for the balance of the day; however, parents/legal guardians are always welcome to come and SIGN OUT their children if they wish to have them leave early due to the storm.
Notices for school/bus cancellations for Wed., Nov.30 (or any other day) will be made early in the morning on Nov.30 (or any other day being affected) via REMIND, CRCS website, CRCS email. (*n.b. If you have not yet signed up to join the CRCS Community REMIND for instant TEXT notifications, please contact the school office for info or check emails from the school with this info in it.)
Campbell River Christian School is an Independent School located on beautiful Vancouver Island in the community of Campbell River. We are a member of ACSI - Association of Christian Schools International. The school offers instruction from K to 12 with Biblical integration in all subject areas and in all procedures. We serve students from many different churches in Campbell River and the surrounding areas as well as international students.
We offer a full range of high-quality education and extracurricular experiences.
Our school office hours are 8am-4pm. Please note — our school will be closed on these dates in NOVEMBER:
• Thurs., Nov.10 for Pro-D Day (no school for students)
• Fri., Nov.11 for Remembrance Day (no school for students or staff)
REMINDERS (Please see the NEWS and EVENTS tabs for more info):
• Internet Safety & Digital Literacy livestream presentation by the White Hatter Presentations for parents & caregivers on Tues., Nov.8 at 6:30pm in the school library
• "Band BBQ" hot dog sale starts up again on Tues., Nov.8 and each Tues when school is in session. See news feed for details.
• Remembrance Day Gr.K-12 Chapel Service, Wed., Nov.9, 11am. Please bring money to purchase a poppy! Students are encouraged to wear their cadet, scout, guide, brownie, etc. uniforms or to dress a bit more formally as a sign of respect.
• High School report cards go home on Mon., Nov.14
• Deadline for Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes, Mon., Nov.14, 9am
• Québec Trip Info meeting for students/parents presently in Gr.7-11, Wed., Nov.23, 7pm, library
• PTF Hot lunch day, Thurs., Nov.24
• Nov.25 - Gr.K-7 Teacher Report Card Writing Day (no school for students in Gr.K-7)(*n.b. Gr.8-12 students have school as usual!)
It is the month to remember! We remember with gratitude all the men and women who served our country to preserve our freedom in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War. We also remember with sombre hearts all those who have served in more recent military campaigns in various roles. And we remember those who continue to serve in our military, police, peace/auxilliary officer, and first responder roles. Thank you for your service. May the Lord guide, bless, and protect you and your families. "Lest we forget./N'oublions jamais."
Thank you for checking our school website as well as our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram) as well as the emails we send out for staying up-to-date with information. If you haven't joined our REMIND app for instant text notifications, please contact the school for details on how to do so!
CRCS is busy but we are so thankful that there is a lot of learning and joy in this place! We give God all the glory!