About our school:
Campbell River Christian School is located in Campbell River, mid-Vancouver Island in British Columbia. We are a vibrant Christian school serving families and students from Campbell River, Comox Valley, Quadra Island and Sayward. We are renowned for our excellence in education, serving others with humble hearts, and the beauty of our ocean, mountains and big blue sky!
Campbell River Christian School is located in Campbell River, mid-Vancouver Island in British Columbia known for the beauty of the ocean, mountains, and big blue sky. We are a vibrant Christian school serving families and students from Campbell River, Comox Valley, Quadra Island and Sayward. We are renowned for our excellence in education, serving others with humble hearts!
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent, Gr.6 teaching position for the 2023-2024 school year, effective August 30, 2023.
The successful candidate will have qualifications/skills which include, but are not limited to:
- Possession of a valid BC Professional Teaching certificate/diploma
- Experience as a teacher in ELEMENTARY and/or MIDDLE YEARS
- Experience working with pre-teen aged students
- Strong formative and summative assessment practices
- Excellent understanding of and experience with differentiated instruction
- Ability to work with diverse students by using various teaching strategies
- Possession of excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to work closely with staff in a team approach
- Demonstration of excellent teaching practices using current pedagogical best practices
- Ability to integrate a biblical worldview into all lessons
- Demonstration of strong classroom management skills
- Evidence of a strong understanding of and support for Christian education
- A strong personal commitment to the Christian faith
- A commitment to the Statements of Faith as outlined in the school’s faith statements as
well as the statements of faith as outlined by the Association of Christian Schools
Annual Wage range (to be determined based on qualifications & experience): $46,925 — $88,018
Candidates interested in applying for this position are invited to please send a cover letter, résumé, a brief write-up of their personal faith journey, and 3 current professional references including one current pastoral reference to Bérénice MacKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. This position will continue to be advertised until a suitable candidate has been determined.
Presently, there are no Support Staff positions available.
We are now accepting applications for TTOCs (substitute teachers.) We are seeking teachers who can teach in classes from grades KG - 12. Applicants are required to have:
Please contact Bérénice MacKenzie at email@example.com to apply for this position. Please send your résumé, statement of faith, 3 current references, and one pastor’s reference. We are looking forward to meeting all candidates who are interested in doing short term TTOC work.
SEAs at CRCS are certified para-professionals who assist in developing the character, spiritual and educational potential of the student(s). CRCS has a need to have SEAs available for hire for potential incoming students. The position and contact days are 5 days a week.
The SEA duties include and are not limited to these responsibilities:
Please contact Bérénice MacKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Please provide your statement of Christian faith, certification, cover letter, and résumé including references one of whom must be your pastor/minister of the Christian Church you presently attend.
Thank you to all those who apply to this pool and as positions become available, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.